What is your true passion?
Perhaps you already know some things that you are passionate about, but do you know your TRUE passion? Identifying your true passion can be a fun exercise and it’s definitely worth your time! You just have to know the right questions to ask yourself. Today, I invite you to reflect on your wants, your needs, and your desires by asking yourself the following questions. Be honest with yourself to get the most out of this exercise!
- What’s the one thing I would do if there was nothing limiting me or holding me back? Don’t worry about whether this dream is practical or not. But do consider what would need to happen for you to carry through with your dream and what steps you would have to take to get started.
- If I could spend today doing whatever I wanted to do, what would I do? This can be anything so let your mind run wild!
- Where would I like to live? What city/state/country and what type of home? Do you want to live in a rural area or an urban area? If you are already living in a place you love, ask yourself what you would do to enhance your living situation if you had the means to do so.
- Where do you want to go? Think about some of the places you want to visit. What is your dream vacation?
- What do you talk about doing but never do it? Have you ever said out loud to someone, “I wish I could…”?
- What are some things that are holding you back from pursuing your dreams? Honestly assess the reasons why you aren’t pursuing the life you want. Are there things you can do differently to help bring you closer to your dreams?
- Fill in the blank: “Before I die, I want to ___________?” What are the steps you must take to make that a reality?
- What things in my life do I want to get rid of? Be honest about the things in your life that make you unhappy or prevent you from achieving your goals. What steps can you take to eliminate these things from your life?
- Who are the people in your life that inspire you and bring out the best in you? Spend more time with those people and less time with people who are counterproductive.
- If I could make one change right now to improve my life, what would it be? Your answer to this question is important. What would you have to do to make that change happen?
- What is missing from my life right now? This question requires some introspection. Once you determine what it is you are missing, think about what you would need to do or change in order to incorporate those things into your life.
If you take the time to honestly answer each of these questions, you may be surprised at what you discover. Your true passion is inside you and identifying your dreams and goals is the first step to achieving them!